Three-Year Limited Warranty
This three-year limited warranty only covers products purchased on thummco.com or from official Thümm & Co. dealers. This warranty does not cover watches purchased on any other sites. For watches on thummco.com or from official Thümm & Co. dealers, Thümm & Co. warrants that the movement, the hands, and the dial of your watch will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of three years following the date of purchase.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Watches in which the serial number has been tampered with, altered, or obliterated;
- Watches that have been lost or stolen;
- Battery replacement;
- Normal wear and tear to the strap, bracelet, case, and crystal;
- Water damage that affects the interior of the watch or the integrity of the strap or bracelet;
- Damage from accident, misuse, or mishandling;
- Damage caused by modification, repair, adjustment, or service from a provider other than Thümm & Co.
No affirmation of Thümm & Co., by words or action, other than as set forth in this three-year limited warranty shall constitute a warranty. Under this three-year limited warranty, the buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy against Thümm & Co. shall be, at Thümm & Co.’s sole option, the free repair or an equal value replacement of your watch or the refund of the purchase price paid for your watch. THE FOREGOING THREE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PURPOSE NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description on the face hereof, and this exclusive warranty shall not be deemed to have failed for its essential purpose so long as Thümm & Co. is willing to repair or replace your watch or to refund the purchase price of your watch under the terms of this three-year limited warranty.
To submit a warranty claim, you must ship your watch to us. The cost of postage to send your watch to us will need to be covered by you. Please ensure that you package the watch carefully in a cardboard shipping box with adequate protection (bubble wrap). Please do not ship back the watch in the inner or outer box.
Upon receipt, Thümm & Co. will inspect your watch and determine whether your watch is covered under this three-year limited warranty:
- If Thümm & Co. determines that your watch is covered, Thümm & Co. will notify you whether your watch will be repaired or replaced or if the purchase price of your watch will be refunded. We will cover the cost of return postage if your watch is repaired or replaced.
- If Thümm & Co. determines that your watch is not covered, we will contact you about the necessary service needed, estimated charges, and payment and shipment terms. We will proceed with repair only upon your authorization and agreement to the charges, payment, and shipment terms. If you do not authorize us to repair your watch, you will be responsible for the cost of return postage for us to ship your watch back to you.
Any cause of action for breach of the foregoing warranty shall be brought one year from the date the alleged breach was discovered or should have been discovered, whichever is earlier.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Consequential Damages. Thümm & Co.’s entire liability (whether under theories of breach of contract or warranty, negligence, or strict liability) shall be limited to the repair or replacement of your watch or the refund of the purchase price paid for your watch under the terms of the foregoing three-year limited warranty. In no event shall Thümm & Co. be liable for consequential damages arising out of the sale of your watch, nor shall Thümm & Co.’s entire liability for damages exceed the purchase price paid for your watch.
Some countries, states, or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties or the limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitations and exclusions may be limited in their application to you. When implied warranties may not be excluded in their entirety, they will be limited to the duration of the applicable written warranty. This warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights that may vary depending on local law.